The add-in is not loading. How do I re-enable?
If Outlook terminated during operation, the ClearContext add-in could be disabled. The first step is to restart Outlook and see if that fixes the problem. If this does not work, follow the instructions below to re-enable.
New Installations or Reinstalls
If you have just installed or re-installed ClearContext, please check to see that the 32/64 bitness of ClearContext matches the 32/64 bitness of Outlook. You can verify whether your Outlook is 32 or 64 bits by going to the Outlook File->Office Account->About Outlook screen (may vary by version). By the full version number will be listed 32 or 64 bit description.
If Outlook is 32 bit, then one should use the default version of ClearContext offered on the download page. If Outlook is 64 bit, the link to the 64 bit version from our download page should be used.
Check if ClearContext has been disabled within Outlook
**Please note that there are two places to check listed below - COM Add-ins and Disabled Items**
Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Select File > Options > Add-ins. In the bottom of the Window select Manage: Disabled Items and click Go.... Select the checkbox next to ClearContext. Click Enable.
If that doesn't work, select File > Options > Add-ins. In the bottom of the Window select Manage: COM Add-ins and click Go.... Enable the checkbox next to ClearContext
- Select Tools > Trust Center. Click Add-ins. In the bottom of the Window select Manage: Disabled Items and click Go.... Select the checkbox next to ClearContext. Click Enable.
If that doesn't work, select Tools > Trust Center. Click Add-ins. In the bottom of the Window select Manage: COM Add-ins and click Go.... Enable the checkbox next to ClearContext.
The following steps should only be performed if ClearContext has gotten disabled multiple times and you are having trouble re-enabling the add-in through the steps above.
1) Shut down Outlook
2) Uninstall ClearContext from the Windows Control Panel
3) Run the regedit program by clicking in the Windows run box, typing in "regedit" (without quotes) then pressing enter
4) Navigate in the registry to:
Outlook 2016: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Resiliency
Outlook 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Resiliency
Outlook 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Resiliency
5) Right click on REG_BINARY entry on the right side, then click delete
6) Next navigate to the CrashingAddinList entry if it exists:
Outlook 2016: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\CrashingAddinList
Outlook 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\CrashingAddinList
Outlook 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\CrashingAddinList
7) If the CrashingAddinList exists and there is a REG_BINARY entry on the right side, right click on it and click delete
8) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins. If there is a ClearMail.Connect entry listed underneath it, right click on it and select Delete
9) If ClearContext was installed as an administrator, please repeat steps 4-8, except substitute the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER
10) Reinstall ClearContext